January 13, 2009
This is my second IVF/ICSI cycle. I started my stimulation with 187.5 gonal F for the first 4 days and then moved upto 225 gonal F for the next 6 days. My e2 level after 4 days of stimulation is 140 and after 7 days of stimulation is 375 and after 11 days it is 1165. I have decent number of follicles growing well. I will go for egg retrieval tomorrow and will know how many eggs I will get. I am 30 years old. I dont know whether to put in 2 or 3. I am from Deutschland and I hope you know the policy here. If I decide to transfer 2 they will grow only two embryos past the first day. Now what should I decide? Since there is no selection of best embryos what will be my chance of triplets with 3 embryo transfer. Deep within me my heart says that transfer 3. My mind is afraid of triplets and complications? We are gong to do ICSI for hals and IVF for half the eggs retrieved. Please give me some suggestions. I know you cannot say without knowing the entire scenarion but you can give me advise what things should I consider in deciding how many to transfer? (For example number of embryos, fertilization rate etc). Thank you very much.